Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Let me place you on a brief hold.

A potential client with several auto insurance claims before signing the application says: Geico's rate was lower, and they promised it would go way down after six months. 

Me: They probably have not considered your claims history; you should call them, it's always good to know. 

So she calls.  After going through all the claims, Geico ended up not being able to provide coverage due to frequency of claims and second part of their conversation  (almost word for word) went something like this:

Geico representative:  Let me place you on a brief hold.

Potential client: OK.

(after a brief hold)

Geico representative: Yes, ma'am, sorry about that.  Yes, I am sorry, but at this time we are unable to provide you with a quote.

Potential client: But I have an MBA, great credit, almost none of the claims are my fault.  I can increase my deductibles; I didn't know that frequent small not-at-fault claims would create such a problem, if I knew I would of paid this out of my pocket.  I have never missed a payment, and I am def. done with claims.  I haven't had a claim in the past 16 months.

Geico representative:  Yes I understand.  Unfortunately there is nothing I can do.  I would suggest you call a local insurance agent.  They work with many different insurance companies, I only work for Geico.  Local agent has access to many different options and they will be able to shop for the best possible rate and will be able to find a company that can insure you.  Again, sorry we can't help you.

My client: OK, thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment